Tribeza, Austin’s leading arts and culture publication since 2001, is seeking a print and online Editor. The Editor is the gatekeeper of the Tribeza brand and drives the content direction and brand continuity. They are instrumental in setting the tone and direction for each issue, event, and online content, and also in translating the Tribeza brand through each of these channels.
The job requirements require flexibility, but the top priority is to develop dynamic story ideas within the context of each issue, flesh out content and pair freelance writers and photographers best suited for each topic, oversee incremental digital content, oversee the monthly budget, manage in-house editorial staff, as well as oversee production of each issue of the magazine to meet deadlines. The position requires outstanding editing, writing, and time-management skills, as well as a full understanding of the Tribeza brand. The right candidate is highly organized and has fine aesthetic sensibilities, as well as qualifications as master of multi-tasking. A passion and knowledge of the Austin community, food, fashion, architecture, and design scene is a plus.
We see many opportunities to grow the TRIBEZA brand in 2017, and the right candidate will share that forward thinking vision and passion.
Strong candidates will have:
• Curiosity and an innate desire to seek out and reveal new and interesting content to our audience
• Creative writing and editing chops for both print and online
• Knowledge of AP style
• Social media prowess and editing skills for multiple social media platforms
• A desire to engage with the Austin community at events, openings, etc.
• An eye for good design, style and trends
• Smart, innovative ideas to help grow the brand
• Fearlessness, a sense of humor and flexibility
• The ability to balance creativity with meeting monthly, recurring deadlines
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• A strong desire to develop and grow the TRIBEZA brand
As TRIBEZA’s Editor you’ll:
• Conceptualize and define the editorial content of each issue
• Define the schedule and work with the team to assign writers and photographers for the issue
• Oversee the content on the digital platform – website, social media, and weekly e-newsletter
• 3 plus years of editorial experience, preferably monthly magazine
• Excellent interpersonal skills for team management
• Proven experience in a deadline driven environment
• Attention to detail and ability to problem solve
• A positive attitude, flexibility, and strong work ethic
Send your resume, along with writing samples and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
An EOE. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
• Austin, TX 78705
• Bachelor’s degree
TRIBEZA ART DIRECTOR
As Tribeza’s Art Director your responsibilities will include:
• Execute Tribeza branding in monthly print issues and layouts under the direction of Editor and Director of Strategy
• Lead in creating the editorial feature design
• Oversee, approve and execute the design of the rest of the magazine and all the photos, illustrations, and graphics that appear in it
• Works with Editor to provide creative direction for photo shoots
• Manage the art and photo department budget
• Ensure the magazine’s overall brand, including its website and other digital products, has a consistent visual presentation
• Layout, proof, and finalize print magazine design using assets conceptualized, developed and collected by editorial and creative teams
• Develops a production schedule / storyboard for review by Editor, Director of Strategy, and Publisher
• Set monthly production schedule and ensure all deadlines are met
• Identify and assign photographers
• Sourcing and management of photo and illustration assets
• Manages all issue proofs, edits, and press checks
• Oversee printing process: prepare all files for pre-press, upload and approve final pages for printer
• Work with advertisers and sales team to design print, digital and promotional advertising
All applicants must have 3-5 years worth of experience. Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
Enter the glamorous world of magazine editing and production. Fashion shoots, glitzy parties, access to interesting people, press passes to rock star events. (Record scratch sound here.) Well, that’s mostly accurate. Here’s the deal: interning at Tribeza, Austin’s leading arts and culture publication, won’t be dull. You’ll leave with totally new skill sets stuffed in your bag that will bedazzle the eyes of future employers, as well as the ability to deftly skate between deadlines and fun.
Tribeza is put together monthly by a small but mighty team. Our interns are an important part of that team and given hands-on meaty projects. And as you ace them, more will be joyfully teed up for you. The print publication is the mother ship, but our online and social media presence is growing by leaps and bounds. We have a few openings for college interns who have talents in one or more of the following areas:
• graphic design, photography, videography
• writing, copy editing, social media
• special events, photo shoot coordination, community and advertiser outreach
These internships are a warm, snug fit for those who are curious, take initiative, love all things Austin, pack a wicked sense of humor, know how to dig up the arcane prop or stat, and can credibly imitate B-list celebrities when the situation requires.* You need to be able to commit 10 to 15 hours per week for the entire fall semester, including some evening and weekend availability for Tribeza events. Interns will need to bring their personal laptops.
If you are interested, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to intern at Tribeza and what mad skills you will bring. (Make the list as exhaustive as you like and feel free to use it as a platform to showcase your creative chops). If you are a designer and photographer, please include a link to your online portfolio. If you are a writer, please send a few clips and any tweets/Instagram posts you’re particularly proud of! Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Taking applications now for Summer 2017!
* This will be covered in training. We are a no coffee run employer.