Tribeza, Austin’s leading arts and culture publication since 2001, is seeking a print and online Editor. The Editor is the gatekeeper of the Tribeza brand and drives the content direction and brand continuity. They are instrumental in setting the tone and direction for each issue, event, and online content, and also in translating the Tribeza brand through each of these channels.
The job requirements require flexibility, but the top priority is to develop dynamic story ideas within the context of each issue, flesh out content and pair freelance writers and photographers best suited for each topic, oversee incremental digital content, oversee the monthly budget, manage in-house editorial staff, as well as oversee production of each issue of the magazine to meet deadlines. The position requires outstanding editing, writing, and time-management skills, as well as a full understanding of the Tribeza brand. The right candidate is highly organized and has fine aesthetic sensibilities, as well as qualifications as master of multi-tasking. A passion and knowledge of the Austin community, food, fashion, architecture, and design scene is a plus.
We see many opportunities to grow the Tribeza brand in 2018, and the right candidate will share that forward thinking vision and passion.
Strong candidates will have:
- Curiosity and an innate desire to seek out and reveal new and interesting content to our audience
- Creative writing and editing chops for both print and online
- Knowledge of AP style
- Social media prowess and editing skills for multiple social media platforms
- A desire to engage with the Austin community at events, openings, etc.
- An eye for good design, style and trends
- Smart, innovative ideas to help grow the brand
- Fearlessness, a sense of humor and flexibility
- The ability to balance creativity with meeting monthly, recurring deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- A strong desire to develop and grow the TRIBEZA brand
As Tribeza’s Editor you’ll:
- Conceptualize and define the editorial content of each issue
- Define the schedule and work with the team to assign writers and photographers for the issue
- Oversee the content on the digital platform – website, social media, and weekly e-newsletter
- 3 plus years of editorial experience, preferably monthly magazine
- Excellent interpersonal skills for team management
- Proven experience in a deadline driven environment
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- A positive attitude, flexibility, and strong work ethic
Send your resume, along with writing samples and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
An EOE. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Austin, TX 78705
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Tribeza is looking for interns! We’re looking for a fun and creative person to join our small but mighty team this spring. Our internships are a great hands-on opportunity to learn about everything needed to create Austin’s leading lifestyle and culture publication.
EDITORIAL & SOCIAL MEDIA + MARKETING INTERNSHIP
Attend regular editorial meetings
Assist with Tribeza’s weekly newsletter
Brainstorm, pitch, and write articles for the magazine and website
Create daily posts for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Schedule, analyze, and report on social media metrics
Assist with planning and executing Tribeza events
Assist with social media photography
Assist with photoshoots
Proactively brainstorm new ways to further the Tribeza brand
Must be a college junior or senior
Must be interested in and passionate about writing
Must commit to 10-15 hours per week for the entire spring semester with some evening availability to work events
Must be detailed-oriented, self-motivated, organized and a master multi-tasker with the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
Willing to be flexible with schedule arrangements
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs
Savvy with all social media outlets
Excellent and creative writing skills
Must bring a personal laptop
In addition to your CV, please also send responses to the following:
If interested, please email resume, cover letter, and writing sample (if applicable) to email@example.com.
TRIBEZA IS DEFINED BY THE STORIES WE TELL. We celebrate beautiful photography through a simple, yet sophisticated design, and each month, we let our readers in on a unique, curated look inside the lives of Austin’s most innovative citizens. The magazine’s dynamic content highlights happenings, people, and places in a variety of disciplines—architecture, art, design, fashion, food, music, and more. Tribeza’s mission is always to inform, inspire and surprise our savvy group of readers.