Tribeza is looking for a full-time, Austin-based Digital Editor to manage and oversee Tribeza.com’s editorial content and strategies to cultivate Austin’s leading lifestyle website. An experienced journalist, the person in this role will lead the editorial strategy by writing content themselves as well as managing a team of freelance writers. The Digital Editor will curate and manage the content ecosystem geared toward a savvy, affluent culture-loving audience. The ideal candidate has experience in all aspects of the digital editorial process, including managing freelancers, copy-editing, implementing SEO strategies, and growing readership.
- Manage and oversee Tribeza digital editorial content implementing best digital and SEO practices
- Write & produce digital content that fits the Tribeza brand / average 2-3 new articles per week
- Work with on-staff & freelance writers on story ideas, and assign articles while maintaining a balance of content across all categories, including our Apple Guides platform
- Manage all aspects of the digital freelance process, from assigning writers to copy editing
- Assist with social media & audience growth strategy – promote editorial content across social media channels
- Drive online traffic numbers, looking for ways to continually increase key metrics (users, pageviews, time onsite, etc.)
- Work closely with Digital Network Director on all things digital – traffic strategy, SEO, freelance budgets, content ideas, article publishing, newsletter content
- Collaborate with the print magazine’s Executive Editor on print-to-digital conversions and overall content ideas that align with the brand
Work with the Austin Publisher on advertising tie-ins, series, special sections, etc.
- Represent Tribeza at events and public functions, as needed
- 2+ years experience in an editorial position
- Attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of SEO strategies
- Strong management skills with a diverse team of writers and editors
- Copy editing
- Process-driven and highly organized
- Has innovative ideas and is willing to share
- Basic understanding of social media strategies
- Basic understanding of email marketing strategies
- WordPress experience a bonus
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with DIGITAL EDITOR in the subject line.
Tribeza is looking for experienced writers to bolster our editorial team. Writers must have first-hand experience of Austin. Preferably, writers are residents with a pulse on the city’s best restaurants, events, fashion, art, design, wellness and culture.
Writers must be able to work quickly and accurately on tight deadlines. Freelancers should be comfortable sending in pitches and receiving assignments from editors.
Rate: rate depends on experience, but no more than $200/piece.
Interested? Send a few links of your work and a story idea or two to email@example.com.