TRIBEZA, Austin’s leading arts and culture publication since 2001, is seeking a print and online Editor. The Editor is the gatekeeper of the TRIBEZA brand and drives the content direction and brand continuity. They are instrumental in setting the tone and direction for each issue.
The job requirements require flexibility, but the top priority is to develop dynamic story ideas within the context of each issue, flesh out content and pair freelance writers and photographers best suited for each topic, oversee the monthly budget, manage in-house editorial staff, as well as oversee production of each issue of the magazine to meet deadlines. The position requires outstanding editing, writing, and time-management skills, as well as a strong understanding of the TRIBEZA brand.
The right candidate is highly organized and has fine aesthetic sensibilities, as well as qualifications as master of multi-tasking. A passion and knowledge of the Austin community, food scene, fashion trends, architecture, and interior design scene is a plus. We see many opportunities to continue growing the TRIBEZA brand, and the right candidate will share that forward thinking vision and passion.
Strong candidates will have:
- Curiosity and an innate desire to seek out and reveal new and interesting
content to our audience
- Creative writing and editing chops for both print and online
- Knowledge of AP style
- A desire to engage with the Austin community at events, openings, etc.
- An eye for good design, style and trends
- Smart, innovative ideas to help grow the brand
- The ability to balance creativity with meeting monthly, recurring deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- A strong desire to develop and grow the TRIBEZA brand
As TRIBEZA’s Editor you’ll:
- Conceptualize and define the editorial content of each issue
- Manage the editorial team and art director
- Define the schedule and work with the editorial team to assign writers and
photographers for the issue
- Manage the editorial budget
- Edit and approve most if not all editorial content for the magazine
- Oversee the content on the digital platform – website, social media, and
- 3 plus years of editorial experience, preferably monthly magazine
- Excellent interpersonal skills for team management
- Proven experience in a deadline driven environment
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- A positive attitude, flexibility, and strong work ethic
Send your resume, along with writing samples and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An EOE. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Health Insurance available
Job Location: Austin, TX 78705
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
- Prospect and cultivate print and digital advertising and event sponsorship revenue in multiple local business categories – fashion, real estate, home furnishings, automotive, etc.
- Persuasively articulate TRIBEZA’s offerings, competitive advantages, and value to clients and prospects via in-person sales meetings, phone calls and emails.
- Provide the highest level of sales/marketing consulting service to clients.
- Meet monthly revenue goals as outlined in sales plan.
- Know your clients. Display a thorough understanding of assigned accounts’ business needs and revenue potential.
- Assist in development of local marketing initiatives and participate in TRIBEZA’s and other local industry events.
- Maintain your assigned CRM database (Magazine Manager) of prospects and clients to be current and informative.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A proven track record of sales success with high close ratio.
- Be a motivated team player who is a self-starter and consistently strives to exceed sales goals.
- 2+ years sales and/or sales support experience.
- Knowledge of the Austin market area preferred.
- Be able to work in-office and on-the-go in a virtual environment too.
- Be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and CRM management systems.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Graphic Design Intern
TRIBEZA is looking for a Graphic Design Intern to join us for the summer! We’re on the hunt for a fun and creative college student to join our tiny but mighty team. Our internships are a great hands-on opportunity to learn about everything needed to create Austin’s leading lifestyle and culture publication. While unpaid, internship credits are happily provided for those who seek them.
- Help account for ad materials from advertisers and ensure all ads are to spec
- Work alongside the Art Director on a variety of creative projects
- Complete various graphic design tasks
- Assist with photo shoots
- Assist with image sourcing
- Must be able to work on-site at our Austin office 10-15 hours a week
- Must submit portfolio (digital or hard copy)
- Professionalism and an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A strong understanding of design principals
- Must be a college Junior or Senior
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
WOULD BE A PLUS IF YOU:
- Have good illustration abilities
- Have your own laptop with the Adobe Suite on it
- Take killer photographs
- Have experience working with print ready files
If interested, please email a cover letter, portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.